What is WhatsApp's business model?

IsaRachi
Hobby Jogger
Hobby Jogger

Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:54 pm

WhatsApp does'nt make money from the yearly subscription rate of $0.99, since no one has paid this money till date even after using for one year. WhatsApp doesnt sell ads too, the reason for which is stated in their website. Thus WhatsApp must make money by Data mining, by selling the vast information they collect from the messages sent by the users to big companies.
Dallasapper

Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:16 am

I think that's the appeal. You install it, and it's your username, no registration form IIRC, you just start using it. It was one of the first to do it (though there were others) and it's free and supposedly easy to use. But like all IM platforms, you have to have friends on it. I installed telegram and it said none of my phone contacts used it. Thus, it was useless to me, so I promptly uninstalled it. The best choice for me was gb whatsapp
Greyru

Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:57 am

I am fairly loose on definition of popular. Though if I might expect to see requests for "follow me on" (twitter, instagram, VK, facebook, minds, gab, parler, tiktok, locals looks more like a forum but maybe, reddit might be afflicted by many of the woes of others but also could be a thing, pinterest, periscope, linkedin, snapchat, whatsapp) or see adverts on TV or radio (was wandering past a radio and heard tiktok advert) then yeah.
  • Information